call: 0843 507 3335

  • There is an increasing demand amongst employers for construction labourers to hold a Green Labourer Card (CSCS card). Whilst having one of these cards isn’t a legal requirement, it is recommended for any construction labourer in the industry.

    There is a wealth of information about these online, however, we understand that wading through it all can be overwhelming, especially if you are just starting out in the industry and are trying to process lots of information.

    Below, you’ll find an overview of what a Green Labourer Card is, what it means and who they are for:

    A green labourer card is issued as part of the Construction Skills Certificate Scheme which helps construction sites improve the standard of safety for employers and employees. The cards provide proof that workers are appropriately qualified for the job, including having sound health and safety knowledge.

    These cards are designed for any construction labourer who has been contracted to undertake manual labour jobs on-site, this even includes those who are working at entry level positions. If this sounds like you, you can apply for CSCS green card.

    So, how do you apply?

    Firstly, to apply for a card, you must be aged 16 or above. There is also a requirement for the successful completion of the following courses in the past 2 years:

    • The CITB Health and Safety Awareness course
    • The CITB Health and Safety and Environment test

    Finally, you must also complete the QCF Level 1/SCQF Level 4 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment or SCQF Level 5 REHIS Elementary Health and Safety Certificate.

    To make this as easy as possible for you, we can arrange on-site training for you, sending one of our experienced trainers to deliver the Site Safety Plus Health and Safety Awareness training for anyone that may require it.

    For more information please browse the dedicated page here or contact us.