This qualification specification outlines the key information related to the QNUK Level 3 Award in PaediatricFirst aid (RQF).
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this course near you?
Register your interest now
This qualification provides the knowledge and skills for first aiders working in early years environments. Learners will gain the knowledge, skills and understanding of paediatric first aid as outlined by the Department of Education, September 2016.
This is a qualification that indicate an individual can undertake a specific role in the workplace and that may be relied upon by employers.
This course is ideal for anyone who works with or comes into contact with infants and children in their working or voluntary roles. This course is also ideal for parents and families with young children.
▪ Understand the role and responsibilities of a paediatric first aider
▪ Assess an emergency safely
▪ Provide first aid to an infant/child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
▪ Provide first aid to an infant/child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
▪ Provide first aid to an infant/child who has a foreign body airway obstruction
▪ Provide first aid to an infant/child with external bleeding
▪ Understand how to provide first aid to an infant/child who is suffering from shock
▪ Understand how to provide first aid to an infant/child with anaphylaxis
QNUK Certificate awarded on successful completion of the course
This qualification is valid for 3 years. There is no requalification course which reduces the course duration. Once the qualification has expired, or is due to expire the learner is required to undertake the course again in order to maintain the qualification
|IOSHMS - IOSH Managing Safely||07 Jun|
|SEATS - CITB Site Environmental Awareness Training Scheme (SEATS)||Register interest|
|ECITB2 - ECITB CCNSG Safety Passport National Course||28 May|
|HSA - CITB Health and Safety Awareness (HSA)||14 May|