This qualification specification outlines key information required by candidates to ensure they have are able to make an informed decision in regards to the qualifications they are undertaking.
This qualification is aimed those looking to undertake the role of a first aider in the workplace, as outlined in the Health and Safety (First-aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982.
▪ Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
▪ Assess an incident
▪ Conduct a secondary survey
▪ Manage an unresponsive casualty who is/isn’t breathing normally
▪ Recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
▪ Manage a casualty with external bleeding
▪ Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles or joints
▪ Administer first aid to a casualty with suspected chest, head or spinal injuries
▪ Administer first aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
▪ Administer first aid to a casualty with an eye injury, sudden poisoning or anaphylaxis
▪ Provide first aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
The learner must hold a valid, or expired within 28 days, First Aid at Work Qualification awarded by a registered HSE approved training provider or Centre of an Ofqual/SQA recognised awarding organisation.
The aim of the course is to refresh learners with skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in higher risk workplace environments or workplaces with a larger number of employees.
QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work Certificate awarded on successful completion of the course and valid for 3 years.
This course is designed for anyone wanting to renew their accredited First Aid at Work Qualification. Particularly appropriate to companies where HSE guidelines recommend a trained first aider qualified in First Aid at Work.
|QNUK5 - QNUK Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid (RQF)||Register interest|
|QNUK3 - QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)||16 Mar|
|QNUK6 - QNUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF)||Register interest|
|QNUK4 - QNUK Level 3 Award in Resonding to Incidents with an AED (RQF)|